Cherokee Central was founded in 2020 to service the Australian Jeep community that loves their niche non-Wrangler SUV models, such as the Cherokee and Grand Cherokee, but find it hard to navigate options to buy accessories locally.
With focus on a great online experience, we look forward to bringing you the best products from around the world, delivered to your door with minimal shipping fuss.
We love supporting the communities that Jeep and 4x4 Clubs provide and are proud members of the Sydney Jeep Club since 2015.
What do we drive?
Currently we have a post-update XJ Cherokee that has been in the family since 2009 and is built as a weekend warrior. We are also excited to add a Grand Cherokee L to the stable as a tourer/overland build when available in 2022, in 4xe drivetrain if available locally.
Here is our current XJ build sheet:
- 98 XJ Cherokee Sport with Leather Seats in Steel Blue
- 4.5L stroker (Clegg Engine kit)
- MSD Blaster coil and ignition leads with 0.075" gapped copper plugs
- Port matched 7120 (1994) head and 99-01 intake
- K&N panel filter with short intake elbow and 58mm machined throttle body
- High flow 6-2-1 headers with high flow cat, 2.5" cat back
- Davies Craig Electric Water Pump with Digital Controller with mechanical water pump impeller removed
- 2-speed Ford Taurus 280w primary electric thermo fan mounted in stock shroud with mechanical fan delete and shorter drive belt, 00-01 OEM 11" thermo fan switched by Davies Craig Digital Controller and 10s delay relay for high speed primary fan setting
- eBay LHD performance aluminium radiator and PWR 679 transmission cooler
- HP D30 front diff and D35 rear diff with LSD, 3.55 ratio (high on the list to swap and re-gear!)
- 31x10.5" Kuhmo on 15x7 black powder coat steel wheels
- Dobinson front 2.5" lift coils and 0.5" coil spacer
- OME rear 1.5" lift leaves with Rancho add-a-leaf, Iron Rock Offroad Drop Shackles
- JK Wrangler 2" lift Dobinson shocks
- Iron Rock Offroad upper and lower adjustable short arms with flex joints
- Iron Rock Offroad Track Bar
- Iron Rock Offroad OTK Steering
- WJ Grand Cherokee brake booster and master cylinder
- EBC slotted and dimpled discs and Yellow Stuff 4x4 pads with red powder coated callipers
- YJ Wrangler rubber brake hoses
- Cut flares with TJ rear flares on all corners, trimmed front quarter panels and cut and fold rear quarter panels
- Pre-update OEM accessory alloy bull bar with chin removed and recovery hooks
- 12w 6" slim LED bars mounted into cuts in the bull bar controlled with DRL circuit for 1/3 power with ignition and full power switchable with high beams
- 5x7 e-Mark LED headlamps and 22" white/amber light bar
- Corner lights wired with DRL circuit for power with park light circuit and flash with indicators (same as JK Wrangler)
- 27w 3157 LED reverse bulbs
- Optima D34 Yellow Top starting battery